Dr. Ed Kavanaugh has been practicing in Kansas City since 1965 as a specialist in adult orthodontics, adolescent orthodontics, children’s orthodontics, and cleft palate treatment. His philosophy is based on making orthodontic treatment pleasant and as much fun as possible for his patients, his team, and himself.
- Bachelor of Science, secondary education, chemistry – Northwest Missouri State University in Maryville
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Orthodontic degree – University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Graduate Studies
- Missouri Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- Midwestern Society of Orthodontists
- Missouri Society of Orthodontists
- American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association
- Missouri Crippled Children’s Service
- Lafayette Dental Study Club
- Clay-Platte Dental Society
- Northwest Dental Society, associate member
- Greater Kansas City Dental Society
Dr. Kavanaugh supports more than 20 schools for Safe Prom Night functions, and multiple softball and baseball teams in the area. He is also a Northland Optimist Club member. Dr. Kavanaugh gives lectures on orthodontic treatment to the Lafayette Dental Society and in the past was an assistant clinical professor at the University of Missouri.